Organization: SySTEM Phoenix
Job Title: Teacher
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
SySTEM Phoenix, a small, nonprofit public charter school located in Central Phoenix serving grades 6-8, provides all students with the substantial support necessary to prepare them for the high quality, high skill STEM jobs of the future. Our mission is to prepare the future innovative leaders of tomorrow through integrated learning environments immersed in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
Qualities and Qualifications
SySTEM Phoenix is looking for teachers who firmly believe that STEM education is essential for preparing students for the world in which they live and work. We seek innovators, collaborators and problem-solvers who believe that socioeconomic status should not determine access to or achievement in STEM fields. Our strongest applicants have the following qualities:
Passion: We are passionate about everything we do, from teaching to project-based learning to integrating instruction through relevant projects involving science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
Grit: We work in a diverse community that requires incredible perseverance. We work relentlessly to ensure our scholars are able to overcome obstacles, meet their goals, and pursue their dreams.
Initiative: We see problems as exciting moments to grow, obstacles as challenges, and failures as learning opportunities. We jump in to help whenever we see an area for improvement.
Excellence: We strive for excellence every day, ensuring that it is felt and seen from the moment a student walks onto our campus. We take pride in establishing high expectations, clear communication, and strong accountability with all team members, resulting in an outstanding standard of excellence throughout our campus.
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate
- Belief in the SySTEM Phoenix mission and educational model
- Experience working in Title 1 schools
- Exceptional classroom management skills
- Experience leading students to meet ambitious academic goals, especially students from diverse, low-income backgrounds and students with significant academic gaps
- A lifelong learner interested in acquiring new professional skills and knowledge
- Ability to self-reflect and take responsibility for professional growth
- Flexible, proactive, and has the capacity to innovate while working in teams or individually
- Extremely strong problem solving skills and natural initiative
- Experience with or a commitment to learn integrated and problem-based approaches to teaching
- Strong technical skills, experience managing and manipulating student achievement data
- Fiercely organized and execution-oriented (experience managing many moving parts in a classroom and consistently improving student achievement)
- Superior initiative – takes direction and feedback well, but does not wait for it
- Perceptive – has “with-it-ness,” high quality interpersonal skills, and strong relationships with students
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-performing, but sometimes unpredictable environment
- Maturity, humility, strong work ethic, sense of humor, and “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
- “Whatever it takes” disposition
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Highly proficient with MS Office and Google Drive Platform
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Edu or Subject Area you teach
- Valid Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in a high-need, urban public setting preferred, but not required
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certification is helpful but not required
How to Apply and Compensation
We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive health benefits. Salary range: $40,000-$55,000 DOE and evidence of improving student achievement. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Contact Angelica Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
You can submit your application now at: http://systemschools.org/careers-jobs/apply-now/