Organization: SySTEM Phoenix
Job Title: Integrated Math/Science Teacher
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
SySTEM Phoenix, a non-profit, public charter school located in Central Phoenix, was founded to provide all students the substantial support necessary to prepare them for the high quality, high skill STEM jobs of the future. Our mission is to prepare the future innovative leaders of tomorrow through integrated learning environments immersed in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM).
Qualities and Qualifications
SySTEM Phoenix is looking for middle school Math/Science teachers who firmly believe that STEM education is essential for preparing students for the world in which they live and work. We seek innovators, collaborators and problem-solvers who believe that socioeconomic status should not determine access to or achievement in STEM fields. Our strongest applicants will be open to a dynamic, inter-disciplinary, teacher-driven school where teachers have the freedom to design their curriculum and innovate in their teaching practice.
Major Job Responsibilities
- High expectations for all students: Support a mastery-based learning environment and lead students to meet ambitious academic goals.
- Integrated curriculum development and delivery: Design and implement inter-disciplinary long-term plans and daily lessons that spark student interest in STEM learning.
- Problem-based learning: Motivate learning through the context of a semi-structured problem grounded in real world application.
- Differentiated instruction: Personalize student learning based on needs and interests.
- Meaningful assessment: Craft opportunities for regular assessment and reflection using a range of methods.
- Content-area expert: Apply knowledge of best practices for integrated Mathematics and Science instruction to support curriculum development and delivery.
- Collaboration with colleagues: Work with colleagues to develop and test innovative solutions.
- Partnerships: Connect students to individuals in academia, industry, and the community with relevant expertise and experience. Build relationships with students and families.
- Promoting the mission: Champion SySTEM’s mission, vision, and core values.
Qualities of the Ideal Candidate
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom
- Experience leading students to meet ambitious academic goals, especially students from low-income settings or students with significant academic gaps
- Clear and consistent approach to classroom management
- A life-long learner interested in acquiring new professional skills and knowledge
- Flexible, creative, and has the capacity to innovate while working in teams or individually
- Experience with or a commitment to learn integrated and problem-based approaches to teaching
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid fingerprint clearance card
- SEI endorsed
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public setting preferred, but not required
- Valid Arizona Teaching Certification is helpful but not required
How to Apply & Compensation
We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive health benefits. Applications will be reviewed as they are received, and candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Contact Angelica Cruz at email@example.com for additional information. SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
As an equal opportunity employer, SySTEM Phoenix hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.